Other title options for this blog post:
Dusting the Cobwebs
Design is still always on my mind
How do I log into my blog?
Well, hello. I’m Emily. I design for Timeless Paper. I had a baby in April and took a break from designing. My heart has been with my new baby Graham. Timeless Paper was like my first baby and it got pushed aside when Graham came into my life. I’ve devoted every minute of my life to Graham for the past 4+ months and I’m so happy that I have the opportunity to see him anytime. But I’ve also felt a pull back to Timeless Paper. I’m ready to juggle both now. I’m ready to get back to designing paper and updating this blog while also being a mom. I recently came across this scripture that really spoke to me from Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
I feel like I need to give a little update before we start. Things you might like to know:
- I had a baby boy (Graham) in April. He’s the best thing I’ve ever created. He has been my latest BIG project. I’m giving him 110% of my effort.
- I’ve devoted the last few months to my baby so I’m sorry if I’ve had to turn away your business during this time. I needed to just be a mom for a few months. I think I’m ready to try to do both the mom job and the design job.
- Being pregnant changed my desire to share my thoughts on this blog. It made me feel like I needed to separate my work life and business life a bit. So I started a personal blog as a baby book for myself, my baby’s family, and close friends.
- My business thinking wasn’t very clear while I was pregnant. I had a very sick pregnancy. Maybe that had something to do with my strange business decisions. I moved our office three times, opened a retail store, closed a retail store, etc.
- I now work from my home office with my husband, Michael. It’s so nice being able to work near each other while taking care of our new baby at the same time.
- I have millions of thoughts for new designs that I’m ready to create. It may be a slow process, but I’m going to try.
- Timeless Paper is probably going to evolve into more than just wedding stationery. Having baby on my brain means you will see some baby announcements or baby invitations in the mix.
- My husband and business partner, Michael and I have been brainstorming ways to improve the Timeless Paper website and your shopping experience. We have some new online shopping tools to share with you.
- My apologies to anyone who I have inconvenienced or confused in the past year. I’m feeling better than ever and I appreciate the break I had with my new baby. Thank you for your loyalty and support.
1 Comment »